PATRICIA R. MCCONNELL is a member of the Firm’s litigation department. Patricia represents local, national, and international businesses and individuals in complex civil and commercial litigation, arbitration, and contract negotiation and review. Patricia has experience with all stages of the litigation process including investigating claims, developing case strategy, drafting pleadings, attending hearings, deposing witnesses, retaining experts, preparing corporate representatives, and negotiating, mediating, litigating, and arbitrating favorable resolutions for her clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Patricia practiced in Vero Beach, Florida where, from intake to final resolution, Patricia represented individuals and local, national, and international businesses in a variety of civil matters.
Patricia received her law degree cum laude from the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law. While in law school, Patricia was a Senior Managing Editor for Florida Law Review and a competition team member and coach for Florida Moot Court. Patricia received two book awards for earning the highest grades in her Mediation and Real Estate Document Drafting classes. Patricia also spent a summer abroad studying business law in Paris and Montpellier, France.
Patricia received her Bachelor of Arts in English from Davidson College. While in college, Patricia was President of Davidson’s Mock Trial Team, an editor for The Davidsonian, and an active member of Rusk Eating House. Patricia spent a summer abroad studying British Literature at the University of Cambridge.
Patricia is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts and in the United States District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
PROFESSIONAL/COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS, ACTIVITIES, AND/OR HONORS:
- The Florida Bar
- Fellow, Business Law Section (2019-present)
- Member, Business Law Section’s Business Court Task Force (2018-present)
- Vice Chair, Florida Bar Journal/News Editorial Board (2016-present)
- Executive Committee, Florida Bar Journal/News Editorial Board (2016-present)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Chair, Bench Bar Conference Business Law Track Sub-Committee (2019-present)
- Immediate Past Chair, Business Law Committee (2018-2019)
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2017-present)
- Angel Tree Committee (2017-present)
- Federal Bar Association
- College Park Neighborhood Association
Note, Fact Sheet #71: Shortchanging the Unpaid Academic Intern, 66 Fla. L. Rev. 1375 (2014).
Small Business Guide to Addressing Key Formation Issues, The Briefs, May 2018, at 31.
Business Court: The End of an Era or an Opportunity for Reinvention?, The Briefs, October 2018, at 12.