MICHAEL G. CANDIOTTI (“Mike”) is a Partner and vital member of the firm’s corporate, land use, real estate, public finance and agribusiness practice groups.
- General Business, Real Estate, Land Use, Corporate and Development Law. Mike’s practice primarily focuses on real estate transactions and development, which includes advising developers on financing, land use, and construction issues for various projects throughout Florida. As part of such developments, Mike works closely with his client to develop financing arrangements, ventureship and other organization documentation, as well as navigating local and state development review processes.
- Resort and Theme Park Development. As part of his general practice, Mike routinely advises Universal Orlando Resort and its affiliates on themed-resort development and real estate issues related to such development, which includes conducting DRI analysis, land use approvals, as well as drafting and reviewing transactional documents, ground leases, and resort covenants.
- Hotel and Hospitality. In addition to working with Universal Orlando Resort, Mike works with hotel developments throughout the state, including nationally recognized franchisees of Econolodge, Holiday Inn, and the alike. Specifically, Mike has helped his clients capitalize on the boutique hotel movement through the use of various joint ventures and unique financing arrangements.
- Restaurants. Complementing Mike’s hotel work, he routinely helps restaurateurs with the negotiation of complex commercial leases, franchise agreements, equipment leases, private placement offerings, and all other documentation necessary to finance, open and operate successfully throughout Florida.
- Fitness Centers. Fitness centers and gyms fall into their own unique class, with multiple issues apart from other retail developments. Mike works with his clients, which include franchisees of national centers such as Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness, to identify, acquire and develop their locations and equipment as well as work through issues with operating centers.
- Public Finance and Association Law. Mike regularly oversees board meetings and otherwise acts as general counsel for Community Development Districts, condominium associations, and property owner associations throughout Florida on governance and policy setting.
- Agricultural Law. Counseling agricultural cooperatives on corporate and real estate matters, Mike has helped develop significant programs for milk and citrus industries, including the Citrus World’s Tree Planting Incentive Program aimed at funding the replanting of orange trees throughout Florida. Furthermore, Mike negotiates the acquisition of trucks and equipment for Southeast Milk, Inc.
- Title Claims. Mike joined this firm after an extensive period in-house with a nationally recognized title underwriter and is the firm primary contact for title related matters. This experience has provided him with a unique ability to navigate the most complicated title issues, which enables him to expedite closings and other development issues for his clients. Further, Mike acts as counsel for title underwriters and their insureds with respect to title claims.
As a whole, Mike prides himself on helping his clients achieve their goals in the most efficient manner. He endeavors to find the best solution for his clients and reducing transaction costs by working with his clients to understand their business needs and developing a strategy to accomplish their goals.
PROFESSIONAL/COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS, ACTIVITIES, AND/OR HONORS:
Member, Florida Bar, Real Property and Probate Law Section
Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
Quest Inc. Governance Committee and Board Member